How to Create Look a Like Audience
Before you begin
- To create a Facebook Lookalike Audience, you must be the admin of the Page or pixel you’re creating it from.
- If you’re making a Lookalike Audience from a Custom Audience, you must be the creator of that Custom Audience.
- If you’re creating a Lookalike Audience from mobile app installs data, you have an Administrator or a Developer role on the app.
Create a Facebook Lookalike Audience:
1. Go to your Audiences
2. Click the Create Audience dropdown and choose Lookalike Audience
3. Choose your source
- A source can be a Custom Audience not created with a data partner, your pixel data, your mobile app data or fans of your Page
- Consider using a group of 1,000 to 50,000 of your best customers based on lifetime value, transaction value, total order size or engagement.
4. Choose the country/countries where you’d like to find a similar set of people
5. Choose your desired audience size with the slider
Note: You can’t edit the audience size after you finish creating your Lookalike Audience. You’ll have to create a new one instead.
6. Click Create Audience
You can also create a Lookalike Audience during ad creation in Ads Manager.
Keep in mind:
- It may take 6 to 24 hours for your Lookalike Audience to be created. After that, it’ll refresh every 3 to 7 days as long as you’re still actively targeting ads to it
- You don’t need to wait for your Lookalike Audience to update to use it for ad targeting
- You can see when your Lookalike Audience was updated by visiting your Audience Manager page and looking at the date under the Availability column